Very much a work in progress. Keep checking back for updates!
Some interesting articles about social video.
- What is social video? Everything you need to know. (Wotchit, Jan 2018)
- The changing landscape for news video (OM&HB, April 2017)
- Magazine publishers with video ambitions see YouTube as safer bet than Facebook (DigiDay, May 2018)
- Adobe to take on iMovie with Project Rush, a powerful cross-platform editing app - this looks super-handy for platform neutral social video creation. (Apple Insider, June 2018)
- Project Rush beta - for those keen to get in on the ground level (Adobe, June 2018)
- The 2018 guide to video on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube (Newswhip, June 2018)
- What goes viral on YouTube versus what goes viral on Facebook (Newswhip, October 2018)
- 2019 Guide to Social Video (Newswhip, June 2019)
- App for journalists: Mojo, for creating stand-out Instagram and Facebook Stories (journalism.co.uk, April 2019)
- LumaFusion 2.0: a mobile journalism 101 (journalism.co.uk, June 2019)
Pieces which apply to social video on one platform only.
- A look inside thre video strategies of 7 digital-native publishers on Facebook (Facebook Media, May 2018)
- How Facebook Watch stacks up to Facebook videos and YouTube (Newswhip, July 2018) - some interesting analysis of engagement levels and length of FAcebook Watch vids.
- What we've learnt from the most engaging Facebook videos of 2019 so far (Newswhip, February 2019)
- Is a shorter video length more engaging on Facebook? (Newswhip, March 2019) - short answer, yes. But there are complications.
- An Update on Video Ranking (Facebook, May 2019) - they're trying to incentivise longer video production
- What types of video drive reactions on Facebook? (Newswhip, June 2019)
- How publishers are learning to embrace Twitter video (Newswhip, Mar 2018)
- Publishers gets boost from Twitter video (Digiday, Feb 2018)
- How is LinkedIn video different - and how can you use it? (Newswhip, Oct 2017)
- The Guardian finds less polished video works better on Instagram (Digiday, July 2018)
- Instagram Stories vs Snapchat Stories (Newswhip, July 2018)
- 5 things to know about successful Instagram and Snapchat stories (Newswhip, September 2018)
- Mic celebrates a successful launch on snapchat with selfie style vertical video (Journalism.co.uk, August 2018)
- How publishers are using Snapchat’s curated stories tool for breaking news and more/ (DigiDay, April 2019)
- On Snapchat, Original Series Are Finding Return Viewers (Hollywood Reporter, June 2019)
- TikTok strategies from publishers (The Idea, June 2019)
- How publishers are using TikTok, the latest hot app (DigiDay, April 2019)
Last Updated: 25th June 2019