As I walked to work this morning, Lee High Road was ablaze. Or, to be more accurate, the former Hartwell Ford garage that’s being demolished was ablaze. Lorna reports seeing an unfortunate cigarette / diesel incident that caused the fire. Whoops. Whoosh.
Now, I don’t mean to criticise the team taking down the building. Actually, I lie. I do. In the past few weeks, they’ve had planned fires belching out nasty black smoke. They’ve brought a kid with them during half term and allowed him to play on the site. They wander around using welding torches without the slighted sign of protective equipment.
Glad as I am to see something being done with the site, these guys make me nervous.
Sign up for e-mail updates
Join the newsletter to receive the latest posts in your inbox.