One Man & His Blog

Lee Fire Road

Dscf1183 As I walked to work this morning, Lee High Road was ablaze. Or, to be more accurate, the former Hartwell Ford garage that’s being demolished was ablaze. Lorna reports seeing an unfortunate cigarette / diesel incident that caused the fire. Whoops. Whoosh.

Now, I don’t mean to criticise the team taking down the building. Actually, I lie. I do. In the past few weeks, they’ve had planned fires belching out nasty black smoke. They’ve brought a kid with them during half term and allowed him to play on the site. They wander around using welding torches without the slighted sign of protective equipment.

Glad as I am to see something being done with the site, these guys make me nervous.

Technorati Tags: cons, demolition, fire, leehighroad, lewisham


Written by

Adam Tinworth   Adam Tinworth

Adam has been a blogger for over 20 years, and a journalist for more than 25. He currently works as a consultant and trainer, helping people do better, more engaged online journalism.


Comments

Sign up or Sign in to join the conversation.