Five Things (times 3)
I surrender. I’ve now been tagged three times for the same meme, by Tom, Anthony and now Nathan, so I’m going to have to do it. Here are five things you (probably) don’t know about me:
- I took my first photograph when I was 3 years old and created my first newspaper when I was under 10. Sometimes, career directions show very early…
- I’m a failed scientist. I did the grand total of one term at Imperial College studying Physics, before giving it all up to do an English Literature degree instead.
- I used to be a very serious fencer. Some 20 years ago I was part of the Scottish Youth Squad in Epee tournaments.
- I’m secretly rather proud of the number of results you get when you search for my name on Amazon, even if the majority of the results are out of print now.
- I was named after a character in The Archers. My namesake was recently one half of the rural soap’s first gay wedding.
Now, I have to tag five people. I think Biofuels Simon is a must, as is the Black Sheep. I think Rev Stan might be interesting, as would Andrew. And my last choice? Beth.
(Interestingly, this spreading meme seems to be regarded as something of a virus by a few prominent bloggers. For those of us with accounts on social blogging platforms like Livejournal, they’re a very ordinary way of life. Most days people have some meme or other up on their blog. Vox even has a built-in meme with QotD. This one has probably spread much further than most because it really does reveal more interesting information than the usual quizzes.)
Sign up for e-mail updates
Join the newsletter to receive the latest posts in your inbox.