- I took my first photograph when I was 3 years old and created my first newspaper when I was under 10. Sometimes, career directions show very early…
- I’m a failed scientist. I did the grand total of one term at Imperial College studying Physics, before giving it all up to do an English Literature degree instead.
- I used to be a very serious fencer. Some 20 years ago I was part of the Scottish Youth Squad in Epee tournaments.
- I’m secretly rather proud of the number of results you get when you search for my name on Amazon, even if the majority of the results are out of print now.
- I was named after a character in The Archers. My namesake was recently one half of the rural soap’s first gay wedding.
(Interestingly, this spreading meme seems to be regarded as something of a virus by a few prominent bloggers. For those of us with accounts on social blogging platforms like Livejournal, they’re a very ordinary way of life. Most days people have some meme or other up on their blog. Vox even has a built-in meme with QotD. This one has probably spread much further than most because it really does reveal more interesting information than the usual quizzes.)
Sign up for e-mail updates
Join the newsletter to receive the latest posts in your inbox.