I’ve spent a chunk of the afternoon today dealing with various behind the scenes issues on my blogs. The most obvious to you will be that, at long last, the headlines of each post on this blog are now links that take you through to that entry’s own page. There were various historic reasons why that wasn’t the case, but Karl mentioned it often enough that I decided it was time to fix it.

In other news, we finally installed Akismet, the spam filtering service from Automattic, on the RBI Movable Type Enterprise installation. As our blog traffic grew, so to did the number of spam comments MTE’s own spam filtering couldn’t handle. In the 48 hours or so it’s been running, Akismet has all but killed off the problem. Hurrah.