Around the Blogs: Murdoch and Paywalls
A few reactions to the News International news from earlier:
- Shane Richmond of The Telegraph thinks that it will be a gift to the competition
- Jeff Jarvis gave a quick, negative reaction to The Guardian
- Meanwhile, Matt Wells does a bit of contextual analysis
- Staci Kramer of Paid Content suggests that what emerges from this will be more sophisticated that “everything behind a paywall”.
- Charlie Beckett does some entertaining speculation on what Murdoch’s motivations are.
- Dominic Ponsford of Press Gazette seems to be alone in thinking both that this is a good thing and that it will work.
Sign up for e-mail updates
Join the newsletter to receive the latest posts in your inbox.
Some Good Reading About The Future of News Paid Members Public
Good stuff I’ve read recently, haven’t linked to yet, but don’t have much to add to right now: * The Nichepaper Manifesto [http://blogs.harvardbusiness.org/haque/2009/07/the_nichepaper_manifesto.html] – an articulate and well argued guide to how niche publishing might looks going forwards. * Media