A few reactions to the News International news from earlier:
- Shane Richmond of The Telegraph thinks that it will be a gift to the competition
- Jeff Jarvis gave a quick, negative reaction to The Guardian
- Meanwhile, Matt Wells does a bit of contextual analysis
- Staci Kramer of Paid Content suggests that what emerges from this will be more sophisticated that “everything behind a paywall”.
- Charlie Beckett does some entertaining speculation on what Murdoch’s motivations are.
- Dominic Ponsford of Press Gazette seems to be alone in thinking both that this is a good thing and that it will work.