These are the perfect complement to your reflective caffeine moment today:
- [Life as a modern journalist](http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/runway-girl/2010/01/like-wine-from-a-box-a-modern.html) (and why it’s like a box of wine)
- [How to sound like a moron when talking about social media](http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/jan/05/social-media-cory-doctorow) (many journalists find this easy)
- Has a [tipping point been reached in social media discussion?](http://www.newsrewired.com/?p=725)
- Is it the [Year of the Paywall?](http://www.economist.com/businessfinance/displaystory.cfm?story_id=15207305)
- [Maybe not](http://broadstuff.com/archives/2015-Paid-For-DisContent.html).
- Signs that TV and radio are using [bloggers in preference to newspaper columnists for election punditry](http://order-order.com/2010/01/05/bloggers-will-become-mainstream-in-this-election/) [Warning for the sensitive: link to Guido Fawkes]