Doc Searls gave what turned into a rapid fire presentation about 11 ideas he had about the future of the web. Here they are, in their abbreviated glory:
- Bullshit will lose leveredge – advertising does not scale to the sky
- Advertising as we know it will die – Google does not get irony or metaphor
- Herding people into walled gardens and guessing about what makes them social will seem absurd – and it already is
- We’ll realize that the most valuable producers are what used to be called consumers
- The value chain will be replaced by the value constellation
- What’s your business model will no longer be asked of everything – not everything is a business, something is just useful.
- We’ll make money by maximising “because effects”
- Markets will be understood in terms of relations
- The Live web is more important than Web X.n
- We will marry the Live Web to the value constellation. The individual is the real platfom
- We’ll be able to manage vendors at least as well as they manage us
Sign up for e-mail updates
Join the newsletter to receive the latest posts in your inbox.