- You don’t like change – because change is all the industry has to offer you
- You don’t have passion for your subject – because people with passion are already talking about your beat on the web, and* they’re more interesting*
- You want to do the job you signed up for five years ago – because that job is history
- You don’t like the readers talking back – because they have innumerable methods to respond to your work, whether or not you have comments on articles
- **You don’t like linking **– because links are the new economy of content
- **You want to decide what is important **– because that power is firmly back in the hands of the public
- You hate technology – because it is the future (and anyway, the printing press and typewriter were technology back in the day)
- **You have a narrow view of what skills you need **– because the skills you needs are evolving all the time
- **If you don’t like competition **– because your competition is increasing every day
- If you can’t listen more than you talk – because if you can’t do that, you’ve never been a journalist at all…
You've successfully subscribed to One Man & His Blog
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access to One Man & His Blog
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Billing info update failed.