- [10 things every journalist should know in 2010](http://blogs.journalism.co.uk/editors/2010/01/04/ten-things-every-journalist-should-know-in-2010/)
- Kevin Marsh writing about [the end of journalism “as we know it”](http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jan/04/citizenmedia-bbc).
- Local paper uses a [community politics idea to encourge engagement on its site](http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/business/media/04click.html).
- Marc Reeves examines [the reasoning behind his new hyper-local blog](http://marcreeves.blogspot.com/2010/01/going-extra-mile.html#more).
- Here’s [Jay Rosen](http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/weblogs/pressthink/) talking about [dealing with audience atomisation](http://www.vimeo.com/8437357). (Shame on [Media140](http://www.aroundtheworldin140days.com/) for limiting embedding of that video)
- And how’s this for a magazine concept on a tablet device?
Good stuff I’ve read recently, haven’t linked to yet, but don’t have much to add
to right now:
* The Nichepaper Manifesto
– an articulate and well argued guide to how niche publishing might looks
I wasn’t the only one to get attention, it seems:
> Second, everyone pick up a copy of the USA Today tomorrow. I was interviewed by
Mark Memmott today about the bombings and how that