So, I’m in Paris, settled in my hotel room, and ready to go. Here’s the key kit I’ll be taking with me to LeWeb this year:
- MacBook (left): My trusty laptop, which has been my workhorse for closing in on three years. Despite the leaps in what phones can do, I still need it for the full keyboard and photo and video editing.
- Kodak Zi8 and Flip Mino HD: Not one but two pocket HD video cameras. The Flip Mino is my traditional camera, but the Zi8 will probably see more action this conference as I’m testing it out.
- iPhone. Web. E-mail. Photo. Video. Audio. The LeWeb app. Essential tool for me these days
- Fuji Z20fd: Snappy Fuji compact, for those moments when I don’t want to traipse the SLR around with me, but the iPhone won’t cut it. The most endangered part of this kit.
- EOS 500D and 70-300 Zoom Lens – The bedrock of my conference photography. As past events have show, I can grab great pics from the stage by pushing the camera’s ISO high and shooting at the extreme end of the lens.
And that’s what I’ll be carrying around for the next two days. Wish me luck…