Lurking around in my browser tabs:
- [On Makers and Managers](http://kristinelowe.blogs.com/kristine_lowe/2010/01/on-makers-and-managers-and-how-to-manage-your-day.html) – good look at the tension between these two roles that should be familiar to most people in journalism
- [The Death of Tag Clouds](http://woorkup.com/2010/01/20/the-death-of-tag-clouds/) – this has been creating some debate internally at RBI. I still like ’em, but I never thought they were a navigation tool, just a visual means of displaying the “aboutness” of the site.
- [Why Tumblr is Kicking Posterous’ Ass](http://pegontech.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/why-tumblr-posterous-ass/) – insightful post on the difference between an engineered website and a designed one.
- [Jeff Jarvis’s Cockeyed Economics](http://www.roughtype.com/archives/2010/01/jeff_jarviss_co.php) – some good economic theory around paid content in here
- [The Value of Blogging](http://davidhiggerson.wordpress.com/2010/01/16/newsrewired-the-value-of-blogging/) – anyone familiar with my job title knows that I’m contractually obligated to value blogging as a journalistic endeavour – but this post enumerates some of the reasons well.
- [Posterous, the iPhone and Microjournalism](http://www.digital-notebook.com/2010/01/17/posterous-the-iphone-and-micro-journalism-how-to-live-blog-a-rally-or-something-similar/) – great account of using the iPhone and Posterous to report from abroad using a mobile device.
[![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](https://i1.wp.com/www.onemanandhisblog.com/content/images/2010/01/reblog_c1.png?w=960)](http://reblog.zemanta.com/zemified/59ceacbc-b16f-4d5f-a67e-e9260b2ca812/ "Reblog this post [with Zemanta]")