Good stuff I’ve read recently, haven’t linked to yet, but don’t have much to add to right now:
- The Nichepaper Manifesto – an articulate and well argued guide to how niche publishing might looks going forwards.
- Media as a Hobby is not Sustainable As a Business – you can always rely on Alan to beat the ideas of idealists soundly with the hammer of reality. (Boy, was that a Friday afternoon metaphor)
- Some Thoughts on Local News – Some ruminations from long-time south east London blogger 853 on how hyper-local (ie geographic hyper-niche) journalism might look.
- Reed New Boy Smith Makes a Big Splash – Some hints here as to what we’re focusing on within RBI.
- Comments Add Value to Newspaper Websites – I’ve long been ambivalent about adding comments to traditional journalism, but Patrick makes some compelling arguments around how they can really be made to work.
And with that, I hand you over to August and the silly season that comes with it.
Sign up for e-mail updates
Join the newsletter to receive the latest posts in your inbox.