The tabs in my browser were getting out of hand. Time for a link dump:
- Is Twitter more media than social? Interesting. I suspect that there’s lots of research to be done on different communities and their use of the Twitter.
- What are the problems in covering demos live? The limits of technology in a crowded protest – Martin has covered similar territory
- Don’t blame the media if your demo doesn’t work – quick, but still insightful, analysis of the coverage of last weekend’s protest. I really want to blog about it, but not sure I can face the likely reaction.
- Journalists must set the tone for their communities – Kevin argues that journalists need to accept more responsibility for shaping the behaviour of their commenting communities. Damn right they do – too many journalists just can’t make the connection between the way they report and the reaction it garners
- Invest time and effort to attract “the right kind” of contributors – another riff on the theme