Google+ circles Flipboard - and other news
Bradley Horowitz tells LeWeb London about where Google+ is going next…
Bradley Horowitz, Vice President, Product Management at Google is here to talk about Google+. Not very revealing, but some points emerged,
- Growth is good, but they didn’t give details
- They haven’t reached the inflection point yet – but that takes years with social networks, he suggests
- APIs are coming… But they’re very cautious about pushing too much into Google+ and diminishing the experience.
- Flipboard is a new partner, allowing you to access Google+ in Flipboard.
- They’re very happy with hangouts. They LOVE hangouts. They keep talking about them…
- Kraft have been active on Google+ through the Cadbury’s brand. They’re one of the biggest conumser brands on there with 1.6m people putting Cadbury’s in circles. They’ve passed Barak Obama.
Neville Hobson is on stage in a Google+ hangout – he asks about Google+ and its potential use in enterprise. Horowitz thinks the enterprise use case is a fantastic opportunity for Google+ – a perfect complement for Google+ “the virtual water cooler, to Hangouts for small team collaboration”. People are using it this way already, but it’s too hard right now. They’re focusing on it.
Sign up for e-mail updates
Join the newsletter to receive the latest posts in your inbox.